September 23, 2014
CooperKatz is Hiring!
CooperKatz & Company is seeking a PR professional with 1 to 4 years of public relations experience. You will play a key role on a range of engaging accounts. We offer competitive compensation, a collaborative culture and work environment, and tremendous opportunity for growth. You should be a Renaissance person with varied interests, who brings enthusiasm, intelligence and genuine curiosity to every communications challenge.
Are you ready to join a dynamic, creative, team that thoroughly enjoys working together to create award-winning programs for clients in a variety of industries? If so, independent New York public relations agency, CooperKatz & Company, would love to meet you.
We are seeking a PR Professional with 1 to 4 years of public relations experience (agency experience preferred). You will play a key role on a range of engaging accounts. We offer competitive compensation, a collaborative culture and work environment, and tremendous opportunity for growth. You should be a Renaissance person with varied interests, who brings enthusiasm, intelligence and genuine curiosity to every communications challenge.
- Contributing to all aspects of account planning and strategy – including participating in client and / or internal team meetings
- Drafting a wide range of communications / public relations materials, such as press releases, media pitches, backgrounders and other collateral materials, posts for social media channels, etc.
- Developing highly-targeted media and influencer lists
- Contacting media, pitching story ideas, arranging client interviews, etc.
- Participating in developing and driving social media strategy for client accounts, working across a wide range of digital channels
- Conducting research into client or industry issues and synthesizing learnings / outputs
- Participating in creative brainstorms / process on behalf of clients
- Mentoring and helping to manage those at the Account Coordinator and Intern levels
- Performing administrative tasks such as activity reports, client contact reports, budget tracking, etc.
- Participating in CooperKatz new business efforts as opportunities arise
Desired Skills & Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree with approximately 1 to 4 years of experience in public relations (agency and / or client side)
- Strong interest in working in a “generalist” agency environment across multiple industry sectors
- Ability to quickly ramp-up on new subject matter, including a willingness to invest the time it takes to gain a deep understanding of each client’s business
- Strong media relations skills including a demonstrated ability to get meaningful results for clients
- Confidence in speaking up in both client and internal agency settings
- Strong writing skills, with experience developing effective public relations written materials (e.g., press releases, media pitches, memorandums, client reports, etc.)
- Familiarity with digital / social media strategy and execution; demonstrated interest in understanding key digital technologies and platforms, and how they impact the work of PR
- Comfort working in team environment, including being an active listener, sharing workloads and treating others with caring and respect
- Ability to respond positively to feedback and constructive criticism
- Strong interest in building managing and mentoring skills, to assist in the career development and retention of more junior staff members
- High level of comfort with core business tools (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
Learn more about CooperKatz & Company on the Web (www.cooperkatz.com), Facebook (www.facebook.com/cooperkatz), Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/cooperkatzpr) and YouTube (www.youtube.com/cooperkatzandco).
Email your cover letter and resume to Jenni Walton at firstname.lastname@example.org.